Mighty Oaks Club is a diverse group of educators and parents who have come together to form a warm and open space that offers the community resources, knowledge and support. We are open to the public and are not limited to parents from Mighty Oaks International Nursery and Kindergarten. Mighty Oaks Club holds a variety of training sessions for all parents and helpers, and there are also fun activities to help family members bond in a fun and safe space. These activities help families find ways to better the community around the school. All of our efforts support our school’s mission to ‘provide a nurturing educational environment with a focus on character building, we explore, learn, laugh, love and grow together so our children can turn from acorns into oaks of righteousness.’
As parents and our community play a key role in ensuring our children’s future success, Mighty Oaks Club’s mission is to engage parents and interested parties across the community to work together aiming to improve the school and the community through volunteerism, information sessions, training workshops and other activities. We welcome and encourage all parents and interested parties to participate and feel empowered to become our mission ambassadors.
Getting involved is fun and easy! All parents, guardians, staff and administrative members, are welcome to become members of the Mighty Oaks Club. To be considered a member, one must register using the form provided below. Please note membership is free, but some specific activities (e.g., training workshops) may incur extra costs.
If parents sign up for Mighty Oaks Club, they will receive a freebie:
50 Questions Your Kid will be Asked during School Interviews
The activities we provide include:
- Training workshops for parents: Topics include nutrition, storytelling techniques, children’s behaviour and language development, and more
- Training workshops for the caretakers: Topics include first aid and other key caretaker tools
- Volunteer service around the community: Reading books for the under-privileged, performing at nursing homes, help improve the community around us. Volunteering also acts as a bonding opportunity for families!
- ‘Meet and Greet’ sessions: Establish valuable links between educators and parents
- Interactive family fun activities: Enjoy new types of activities together, like our popular terrarium workshop
- Fundraising activities: Help us gain more support throughout our communities and beyond